Deciding what color to paint the exterior of your house to sell it can be a confusing process. This sometimes differs from what you have or would paint it for your personal taste. This article is about What Color to Paint Your House.
So, here are the steps to choosing the right color for your home:
- Take a picture of your home.
- Look closely at the following around your home to make your color choice:
- Flowers, plants, walkways, your immediate neighbors, your shade of brick, stone or accents. Roof color is important too. You may find specks of colors that will be in these areas that will give you a clue about what will blend and coordinate with your home. For example, let’s say that your roof is grey. You may find specks of green or blue in this roof that will be accented when you add that color to your exterior. If your home is red brick with grey mortar, you will need to complement the grey mortar.
- Earth tones pay off – don’t go too wild. The exception is a red door, which is used by feng shui enthusiasts.
- White will call attention to areas of your home and will coordinate well with any other color.
- Small homes should stick with lighter colors to make the home appear bigger, especially if it is on a large lot.
- Light colors on a porch provide a welcoming “cute” feeling. Know that dark colors fade and require more maintenance. Mid-tones on your paint deck are most likely your best choice
We hope you enjoyed our article about What Color to Paint Your House.