In this article we will discuss Easy Solutions to Make Your Home Appealing.
Slapping a few cell phone photos onto an online home listing won’t be good enough to sell your property in this real estate market. Your real estate listing is an opportunity to capture the attention of potential buyers and encourage them to schedule a time to visit your home.
If you want to maximize your home value and ensure that it sells quickly, then there are a few things that need to happen before the property is listed on the real estate market. It’s a seller’s market, which means that you can get your desired price if you are willing to put in a little bit of work.
Easy Home Improvement Projects
It might not be necessary to tackle massive home renovation projects before you are ready to sell. Instead, look for the small, simple techniques that will upgrade the appearance of the property and appeal to potential buyers. Here are a few tips to help:
- Clean and Declutter: The first thing a potential buyer will notice is the cleanliness of the home. Pull out the rags and mop and spend the time to deep clean every room. Scrub the kitchen and bathrooms, have the carpets professionally cleaned, and clear the piled-up clutter in the closets.
- Fresh Paint: A new coat of paint is helpful to cover up any aesthetic blemishes and create a neutral theme. Research the latest paint trends and stick with basic colors such as white, gray, tan, and more.
- Cosmetic Upgrades: You don’t have to remodel the entire bathroom and kitchen. But a few cosmetic upgrades will update the appearance of these rooms. For example, add new hardware on the cabinets and replace the faucets to match. Decorate with new, fluffy towels and shower curtains to make the room look cozy and welcoming.
- Add Lighting: A bright home creates feelings of comfort and beauty. Change out the lightbulbs, bring in a few more lamps, and make sure that all of the curtains are open when a potential buyer is touring the property. Don’t forget to evaluate the outdoor light bulbs to ensure that everything is lit when the buyers walk to the door.
- Energy Efficiency: Not only do home buyers want to save money on utilities, but they also want to be proactive in protecting the environment. Add energy efficient upgrades by installing a smart thermostat, Energy Star rated appliances, and energy efficient light bulbs. Also, evaluate the insulation and weatherstripping around the doors and windows.
One of the most effective steps to ensure that your home sells quickly and easily is choosing an experienced real estate team in the area. You can learn more about your options to by talking to our experts at DUFFY Realty. Call to schedule a consultation so that you can learn more about the recommendations to prepare your home for the real estate market: (678) 318-1700