What questions are racing through your mind when you decide that it’s time to sell your home? Home sellers often have questions about the best ways to maximize equity and find the right buyer. It can be hard to find the answers to the most common questions from home sellers if you don’t have an experienced real estate team to assist with the transaction.
Here at DUFFY Realty, we work with both home sellers and home buyers. Here are a few answers to the most common questions from home sellers:
- Is it a good time to sell my home? There’s no question that the real estate market fluctuates with time. This common question doesn’t have a simple answer, because many factors affect your personal needs and the right timing for your family. The best thing that you can do is discuss your circumstances with a real estate agent to determine the timing that will fit your real estate strategy.
- How much is my home worth? Again, we can’t provide a generalized answer to this question because home values change from one year to the next. We will determine the right pricing structure for your home by evaluating comparable properties in the area. Our experienced real estate team is here to assist as you are determining the market value and offer a “Comparative Market Analysis” (CMA) for your property and providing you with answers to the most common questions from home sellers.
- How can I prepare my home before it’s listed? First impressions play a huge role in the process of selling a home. If you want to sell the home quickly, then you need to be sure that your home is designed to attract the right buyers. Present the property in the best possible light by reducing clutter, repairing any visible issues around the house, and ensuring that every room is spotless.
- Do I need to disclose issues to potential buyers? If there are problems with the property, then you need to disclose these issues with potential buyers. For example, if you know that there are defects with the appliances, then it is important that you share this information. Being honest about the quality of the property helps you avoid potential issues with the inspections and closing of the real estate deal. Some of these defects can be corrected before you list the property. Or, you can adjust the pricing of the home if the buyer will need to invest substantial cash into the repair work.
- What is the difference between the listing price and the sale price? You determine the price you would like to show on the real estate listing. Then you need to wait for offers to come through from potential buyers. The sale price is the final number reached after negotiations, which is the price that will be used when you are ready to close the deal.
The most important thing you can do is hire a good real estate team to assist with the process of selling your home and to provide answers to the most common questions from home sellers. If you have questions, then DUFFY Realty is here to assist. Home sellers can reach us by calling: (678) 318-1700