Just because it is a seller’s market, doesn’t mean that you will be able to sell your home as quickly as you desire. You are probably feeling excited and anxious to settle into a new home with your family. So, you need to work with an experienced real estate agent to find a buyer for your current home.
A few simple steps can go a long way to highlight the features of the home. Plus, you need to be sure that you avoid common practices that might scare away potential buyers.
If you want a fast, easy experience when selling your home, then you need to follow these tips:
- Update the Décor: Outdated décor isn’t considered “vintage” if it isn’t done In most situations, it is best to get rid of the shag carpet, tacky wood paneling, and popcorn ceilings. Spend a little money on aesthetic renovations so that you can maximize your equity in the property.
- Keep it Clean: You never know when someone will want to see the property. So, make sure that you are always prepared by keeping your home clean. A buyer will turn right around if they walk in to see a mess of toys and laundry. Keep up with the dishes and make sure that you can quickly freshen up every room in 15 minutes or less.
- Purge the Clutter: It is essential that you show potential buyers the spacious benefits of the property. It can be a drawback if the closets are loaded to the brim. Sell some of the items, send things to the donation center, or pack things into a storage unit so that your home is free of clutter and distractions.
- Hide the Presences of Pets: It can be a turnoff if the buyer sees that pets were living in the house. Take time to clean up the yard so that the person doesn’t step in doggy doo-doo. Do a thorough cleaning of the house to get rid of potential smells, hair, and dander. If possible, find another home for the animal when you are trying to sell the property. If the animal needs to stay in the house while you are trying to sell it, make sure to load the pet into the car so that you can take it away during a home showing.
- Talk to a Real Estate Agent: When a real estate agent has seen hundreds or even thousands of homes, they have a trained eye to identify the things that aren’t working in the staging of a property. Talk to your real estate agent for staging tips, so that you can make the changes that are needed to attract the right buyers.
Here at DUFFY Realty, we are proud of our history of selling homes in record time. We have a proven system that works to sell a home quickly and easily, and we would love to assist with your real estate transaction. Talk to us to learn more about the services that we offer: (678) 318-1700