Creating a comfortable outdoor living space is a great way to upgrade your lifestyle. If you are looking for solutions to improve your home, then you might consider a few tips to optimize backyard privacy. Many homeowners have neighbors nearby and feel like they don’t have much privacy outside. You can solve this common problem by changing your backyard design to increase privacy.
Backyard Privacy Ideas
Here are a few ideas for backyard privacy you might add in your yard:
- Install a New Fence: If your budget is big enough, a tall fence is the most effective solution for backyard privacy. You can choose the height, materials, and design of the fence to match your home and landscaping.
- Add a Privacy Screen: An outdoor privacy screen not only gives you a space to enjoy in private, but these privacy screens are also beneficial for blocking the sunlight. For example, you might install a privacy screen that pulls down from the trellis over a deck.
- Oversized Umbrellas: A cost-effective solution is to use an oversized umbrella or shade tent on the patio. This solution is relatively effortless and much cheaper compared to major landscaping changes.
- Plant More Trees: Greenery in the yard can be a great way to hide the neighbor’s view. It takes a few years before trees provide the backyard privacy you want. But it’s worth the investment now to enjoy privacy in the future.
- Use Stylish Hedges: Talk to a landscape designer about creating a “living fence” using hedges and other greenery. Not only do you enjoy the benefits of backyard privacy, but these plants also help to improve the beauty in your yard.
- Landscaping Containers: If you don’t want to put trees in the ground, then landscape containers offer an effective alternative. Design the containers with bushes or tall grass to match your backyard design.
- Install a Water Feature: Even a small fountain can do wonders to blocking out the noise of neighbors or traffic. A small bubbler fountain can be a simple way to make your backyard more relaxing and help with noise management at the same time.
Atlanta Real Estate Experts
Our team at DUFFY Realty is here to help with your current home or a new home you are buying. Before you invest in renovations or upgrades, talk to us about the most effective way to support your equity. A few small changes can improve your current lifestyle. Plus, you have the benefit of a higher price tag when you are ready to sell.
If you are preparing to sell your home, then our agents are here to offer the real estate advice you need. Call the Atlanta real estate experts to learn about your options in the local area: (678) 318-1700.