Summer is a great time of year to enjoy festivals and activities in your own back yard. The kids are out of school, events are happening around the city, and you have the perfect opportunity to build new memories with your loved ones.
What are your planned activities this summer? Here are a few suggestions if you need activity ideas:
- Shoot the Hooch: The Chattahoochee River is a popular place to go tubing, and this activity has been coined “Shooting the Hooch.” If you don’t own a tube, you can rent one to use for the day. Choose from one of the four drop-in spots along the river, but make sure that you have a car available when you get out of the water down the river! The wettest reason why Atlanta is at its best in the summer.
- Walk the Beltline: The Atlanta Beltline is a former railway corridor that has been renovated into an urban trail. You can walk between 45 neighborhoods to enjoy the beautiful weather and sunshine during some of the best months of the year. The hippest reason why Atlanta is at its best in the summer.
- Piedmont Park: Another great outdoor location to enjoy is Piedmont Park. You’ll find a variety of features for the family, including a lake, farmers’ markets, and a swimming pool. You can even bring furry members of the family to the dog park!
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens: This 30-acre garden area is filled with gorgeous flowers, trees, and more. Take a break from urban living by enjoying nature in these sprawling gardens.
- Starlight Drive-In: Why sit in a stuffy indoor theater when you can enjoy the beautiful night skies while watching the latest blockbuster hit? This drive-in theater has been open since 1949, giving families a great place to enjoy a movie in a unique setting. The most nostalgic reason why Atlanta is at its best in the summer.
- Music Festivals: If you love listening to live music, then Atlanta is a great place to live! You can find everything from jazz music to indie to hip-hop. Many of these concerts are held at Centennial Olympic Park, located in the downtown Atlanta area.
- Six Flags Over Georgia: Adults and kids alike can have fun with a day at the local amusement park. This theme park boasts 290 acres of thrill rides and roller coasters. Not only is there a fun children’s area for the kids, but mom and dad can get their blood pumping on the big coasters. The wildest reason why Atlanta is at its best in the summer.
- Atlanta Braves: One of the flagship activities in Atlanta is to catch a ball game. Head over to SunTrust Park to enjoy a cold drink and hot dog while cheering on the team.
There’s no question that Atlanta is a great location due to the friendly communities, fun activities, and great weather. DUFFY Realty is here to help you find the best home in Atlanta. Whether you are relocating to another home in the greater Atlanta area, or you are moving here from another state, our team is here to assist. Call the local real estate experts for help finding your dream home: (678) 318-1700